What’s Pinteresting To You?
Pinterest is perhaps the fastest growing social media tool on the market today. And for those of you who are using it (and you are many – more than 10 million and counting!) you know why. Pinterest lets you share and organize all the beautiful things you find on the web.
We were searching for some statistics on Pinterest and came upon a blog by Digital Marketing Executive Brian Honigman in The Huffington Post entitled 100 Fascinating Social Media Statistics and Figures from 2012. Among some of the interesting Pinterest statistics it highlighted, included:
– 97 percent of the fans of Pinterest’s Facebook page are women. (source: AllTwitter)
– Over 80 percent of pins are repins. (source: AllTwitter)
– 80 percent of Pinterest users are women, while 50 percent of all Pinterest users have children. (source: Search Engine Journal)
– American users of Pinterest spend an average of 1 hour and 17 minutes on the site. (source:Search Engine Journal)
–The average Pinterest user spends 98 minutes per month on the site, compared to 2.5 hours on Tumblr, and 7 hours on Facebook. (source: Arik Hanson)
– Pinterest hit 10 million U.S. monthly unique visitors faster than any independent site in history. (source: Sirona Consulting)
– 83.9 percent of a pinners time is spent Pinning, while 15.5 percent is spent liking and 0.6 percent is spent leaving comments. (source: Repinly)
–80. 57 percent of Pinterest users interact with food-related content, the #1 category of content. (source: Compete)
Habersham is on Pinterest and we invite you to follow us – www.pinterest.com/habershamhome. We’ll be adding new boards as our design team shares their newest designs, inspiration, colors, trends and more. Happy pinning!